Diazepam is used to obtain the calming effect. The medicine makes an impact on chemicals that can be disturbed in anxious people.
What conditions does Valium (Diazepam) treat?
Diazepam is used to treat:
Serious effects of alcohol withdrawal; Trouble sleeping; Restless legs syndrome; Nervousness disorders; Seizures.
Precautions of taking Valium
- Liver disease;
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Constant breathing problems.
Additionally, inform the physician about such conditions as (if you have at least one of them):
- Asthma, emphysema, bronchitis;
- Kidney disease;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder;
- Seizure disorders (including epilepsy);
- Mental illness, suicidal thoughts;
- In case you take any type of opioid drugs.
Diazepam overdose symptoms
- The major symptoms are:
- Loss of consciousness;
- Loss of energy;
- Extreme drowsiness;
- Weak muscles.
Valium (Diazepam) dosage information
Valium dosage must be individualized for the most significant helpful effect. The usual daily dose meets the needs of millions of sick people. Nevertheless, some of them may need higher amounts. Therefore, to avoid bad effects, diazepam dose must be enlarged watchfully. The medicine is administered orally.
Important note! Never give valium to people less than six months!
Patients above six months must take the lowest possible doses of valium (diazepam). If adequately tolerated, the treatment must be enlarged slowly. Initial daily dose: 2.5 milligram for three-four times.
To treat nervousness disorders:
- The initial daily amount depends on the symptoms severity: 2 milligram – 10 milligram (from three to four times every day).
For alcohol withdrawal:
- Initial daily amount: 10 milligram;
- Duration: 3-4 times during a day. During the following week, the dose must be diminished to 5 mg (up to four times every day).
The Geriatric patients
To treat debilitating disease: Initial daily dose: 2 milligram to 2.5 milligram (twice a day). If needed and adequately tolerated, the treatment must be increased slowly.
Valium (Diazepam) side effects
Emergency medical help is need when you see the following side effects. These are: Swelling of lips, face, and tongue; Hallucinations and unusual behavior; Difficult breathing; Loss of bladder control; Sudden depression; Hostility; Worsening convulsions; Tremor; No urinating.
Valium (Diazepam) Purchase
When you make up your mind to buy valium to treat the necessary conditions, consult your physician first. Self-medication can be the reason of severe bad effects.